Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Jelly Baby for Mirabel


jelly baby
Originally uploaded by wearespiraling
This is my fourth softie for Mirabel, I'm express posting the lot to Mikes today.

I had grand plans of buying some real jelly babies for a photo shoot, so you could see how little this is, but when I got to the store, I remembered that I hate jelly babies and bought boost bars (I like to take them when I fly anywhere, I think it's a Danish thing [also, I pretty much blame everything unexplainable on my heritage]).

When I got home, I felt a bit silly about the boost bars and had to use them in the photo anyway.

I've been stuffing my softies with wool roving and, I have to say, it kicks polyfill.

Pattern: Jelly Baby from Jean Greenhowe's Little Gift Dolls

Yarn: Paton's 5Ply Treasure

Neddles: 2.5mm addi turbo lace circ

Made For: Softies for Mirabel

Amendments: I knit it in the round on a circ, using magic loop and Judy's magic toe cast on, instead of knitting it flat and seaming it. The yarn I used was actually 3 ply (fingering) instead of 8 ply (worsted), so it's pretty teeny.

Ravelry Details

No comments: